Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

On my way out

I've been tying up loose ends while getting ready for our vacation. It's finally here! The past few weeks in a nutshell:

1. Reading fiction like a starving woman. I stopped reading fiction for a few years there and just picked it up again. It put me in danger of dropping out of life altogether. Just finished Girl with a Dragon Tattoo, which caused me to lock myself out of the apartment.

2. Had a friend over for dinner and did a grilled variation of Amanda Hesser's roast pork loin with peaches. We grilled a pork loin (brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper) on each side for 15 minutes with peaches under an inverted cast iron pot. Then we put the loin, peaches (cut-side down) and some sprigs of mint in the cast iron pot, covered, and cooked for another 15 minutes. Lovely, especially with the mint.

3. We saw Bob Dylan last night! Wow, stars in my eyes.

4. I was so crazed yesterday that when I threw on a skirt to pick of Jasper from dance class I forgot to zip the skirt. I watched his performance and started to run errands before I noticed. No! Could no one have told me?!? I take comfort in the remote possibility that the green apples of my underwear blended in with the green polka-dots of my skirt. This is why it's a good idea to match your undies to your outfit.

5. I can't remember number 5. Oh well.

Have a great couple of weeks, everyone. I'll report back on my trip, which will include Casa Bonita again, a Japanese restaurant where you can dine in the garden, a tea house in Boulder, sandwiches and cooking demonstrations in Beaver Creek, and who knows what other delights.

Sorry no linky -- no time!

6 comments:

Sheri said...

you should meet my friend tracy. apparently, you are neighbors. or maybe, bob dylan was everywhere last night. he's like that. that bob.

Tracy said...

Sheri is right. We appear to live in close proximity. Hello fellow sloper!

hippittee said...

have a great time with the fam! looking forward to hearing all about it when you return.

hippittee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MissGinsu said...

Hooray for summer vacations! Hope you have a lovely time and a safe trip.

shaunamama said...

I want to see Bob so very badly. Think I might try on the 31st in Deer Valley.

Happy Vacation!