Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, September 15, 2008

Roasted peach and raspberry streusel


It got chilly enough Friday to bake! This is mostly from the August Gourmet (stolen from an undisclosed location by Lane), but I added the raspberries. I love this about September -- we're still reaping the summer harvest but it's often cool enough to turn on the oven.

5 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
4 medium peaches, halved and pitted
1/2 cup raspberries
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted and cooled
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover bottom of 9-inch baking/pie dish with 2 Tbsp melted butter. Arrange peach halves cut sides up. Pour raspberries into spaces between peaches.

Pulse almonds, flour, sugar, salt, and remaining 3 Tbsp butter in a food processor until clumps form (I didn't do this -- I just combined everything in a bowl, mashing with a fork).

Top peaches with streusel and bake until peaches are tender and streusel is browned.

Gourmet then gives directions for whipping 1/2 cup heavy cream with 3/4 almond extract and 1 Tbsp sugar, but I never got that far. I had mine with a tall glass of milk.

Speaking of Gourmet, here is a nice way to remember David Foster Wallace.

2 comments:

Kate The Great said...

I know I've been bugging you over the Internetz over the last few days, but I wonder too much.

If you use salted butter, would it ruin the dish? I can't find unsalted butter.

Adriana Velez said...

Go ahead and use regular butter -- you'll be fine!