Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Here it is, the pumpkin muffin recipe

I tried this pumpkin muffin recipe from Sounding My Barbaric Gulp a couple of weeks ago. It makes a lovely soft, lighter muffin, but I wanted something dense, heartier, and more pumpkin-y. Then I tried another recipe with brown sugar and three cups of pumpkin, but it was too dense and just not sweet enough. This recipe is based on one I found in Crust and Crumb. I used raw (but not brown) sugar and half whole wheat, half white flour (only because I ran out of whole wheat). If you are feeling ambitious, try Lindsey's pecan streusel.

Mix together:
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

In another bowl, cream together:
2/3 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar

Add the following ingredients to the butter and sugar, mixing between each:
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups buttermilk

Stir in one cup pumpkin puree, half of the flour mixture, then a second cup pumpkin puree, then the other half of the flour mixture. Optional, add pecans or chocolate chips.

Mine took about 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

1 comment:

ks said...

Yahoo! Thanks for the recipe that I will certainly use this weekend.

And for my next wish...