Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Friday, October 24, 2008

My to-do list

I was just reading somewhere that one shouldn't create to-do lists, one should create concept circles instead. Maybe if I had a full-time staff I could go with that. In the meantime, here's what's been occupying my head space:

Making pumpkin muffins for Jasper's school harvest festival
Making pumpkin muffins for us
Writing an article comparing the Park Slope Food Coop to Trader Joe's
Enjoying Thai shrimp gyoza, alphabet pasta, chocolate-covered caramels and mochi ice cream from Trader Joe's
Writing an article on heritage breed turkeys
Reading Huffington Post political gossip
Checking and re-checking polls on FiveThirtyEight.com
Getting ready to make calls for Obama
Planning a playground cleanup that will probably be canceled due to rain
Wondering where to get white thermals for a school play on short notice (Jasper's playing Max in Where The Wild Things Are!)
Joining the Grass-Fed Party
Making Jasper's Halloween costume
Picking up after myself
Rooting for WELLalarm
Keeping us clean, well-fed, and properly clothed for the most part
Wondering if this is maybe not the year to move into a larger apartment after all
Loving these two amazing ads. Both gave me chills.

Show Them

Whassup... 8 Years Later

7 comments:

janeannechovy said...

Well, since we vote by mail I can't take any of my kids with me to the polls. I did take them when I dropped off my ballot at the library the other day, though. Yes, I VOTED!

ks said...

Are you going to post your best pun'kin muffin recipe on here? (please.)

Adriana Velez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Adriana Velez said...

KS -- this was the 2nd recipe I've tried and I wasn't 100% happy with it. I'll try another one soon and post the results!

Hevansrich said...

Yes, I also vote for the pumpkin muffin recipe.

Also, article comparing Coop to TJ's

and, if its still helpful, white thermals = Target

ks said...

Huzzah! I'm always in search of the perfect pumpkin muffin/bread recipe. Some are too "heathy" tasting, while others are too rich and cake-like to possibly be guilt-free. Some happy medium would be awesome. I hope you find muffin nirvana, and then spread the love. :)

Luisa Perkins said...

Your list looks eerily similar to mine....