Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tainted Candy Alert


All jokes about scary Halloween candy aside, it appears that some candy in the American market may contain melamine. Please see this link for details. So much for gold coins.

And may I make a humble suggestion to those of you handing out Halloween treats to trick-or-treaters this year? Consider the little ghouls and ghosts with food allergies and avoid handing out candies containing peanuts or made in a facility that processes peanuts.

1 comment:

janeannechovy said...

There have been tons of articles recently about not buying peanut-y treats (or giving out non-edibles), but unfortunately they were all published after I bought my candy. I bought what I would want to have left over, which means that every single bit of it has peanuts or peanut butter. Oh well! The parents bring their kids to my house for the homemade donuts, anyway. :)