Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Feliz Dia de los Muertos


Obama mannequins in the Brooklyn Industries window. Just a few more days!

Every year I think I'm going to celebrate Dia de los Muertos, and every year I run out of steam just getting through Halloween. But one of these days I'll figure out where I can get sugar skulls in Brooklyn and take some to Greenwood Cemetary.

Oh my gourd, I'm so glad Halloween is finally over. We had an especially busy week culminating in Jasper's school play and the Halloween activities. For pictures of costumes see Just Jasper and The Great Whatsit.

Tuesday night we were fortunate enough to celebrate Diwala with friends. We feasted on home-cooked Kashmiri food (eggplant with black cardamom, oh my!) while seven little boys and one strong little girl played upstairs. Halloween night again I found myself at a party filled with little boys. I am starting to get a vision for the next ten years of my life, and it looks somewhat like Wendy on the Island of Lost Boys.

We also got together with friends to call for Obama (once again, little boys running wild in the background). I have to say, I'm glad I did my part but I'm not sure how effective I was. I had no idea how much political blather swing-state voters are subjected to. The undecideds I called did NOT want to hear from me!

1 comment:

doggybloggy said...

kick up the steam - we do halloween and dia de los muertos...come on now my kid is ten and we are halfway there