Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving 2008



Sweet potatoes roasted with star anise, allspice berries, and cloves, then run through a food mill and mixed with butter and maple syrup; kale braised with apples, garlic, and homemade chicken stock, topped with pecans.

Stuffing of focaccia, chestnuts, Jerusalem artichokes, carrots, caramelized pearl onions, garlic, and herbs; cranberry sauce with ginger and tangerine.


Roberta, done in a mere hour and a half! Juicy and flavorful, especially thanks to the herb butter under the skin and the sage leaves over. Fifteen pounds is a lot of turkey for three people. I don't like frozen meat, so it's turkey-something every day for the rest of the week.


Caramel pumpkin pie--so good. Someday I'll learn how to do streusel. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Luisa Giugliano said...

looks great
in 2008

ended up going to the ER for severing a tendon in a cooking accident yesterday

why oh why didn't we go to the movies with you?

Swizzies said...

Looks so good, and so do your boys. :-)

I LOVE your sweet potatoes. *Drools on keyboard*

- Di

ME said...

Yum!!

Mike and I went to Idaho to hang with the in-laws and all I had to make was the stuffing.

My MIL made sweet potatoes a way I hadn't seen: mashed and served inside orange halves with raisins. I'll have to get her recipe.

Kate The Great said...

Roberta? I thought her name was Ramona!

Co said...

Oooh... a new kale idea!

Looks yummy. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

BTW... my word verification is "objecta." Just thought that was interesting.

shaunamama said...

Your holiday table looks so colorful and cozy! The family looks happy too...give them hugs from me and then have them give you one from me too.