Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, December 04, 2008

And now for plan Y

After we said goodbye to some play date friends this evening I started wondering about dinner. I had eggs, pizza dough, two carrots, and no good ideas. Since Lane was in the city tonight I decided to forget about carrot pizza (with week-old sweet potato "sauce") and take Jasper out for real pizza. Tonight is a special shopping night in our neighborhood, with stores open late with sales, so I could buy our Christmas cards, too.

We headed down the street and came across a hot dog cart parked in front of a salon. Free hot dogs, wine, and coupons! Jasper got a hot dog and I got a coupon, but tragically I left without wine. This still bothers me.

Anyway, that took care of dinner for Jasper, so I decided to get some sushi at the Coop for me. We weren't there for 30 seconds before Jasper started doing the pee pee dance. We ran for the bathroom. I fumbled for the lights and he fell into the toilet.

Well, not all the way in, but both hands fell in, plus a mitten, and he wet his pants. So much for Coop sushi. We went home in disgrace...but not before I stopped into the yummy new paper shop and picked out some letterpress holiday cards. I know my son was standing there in urine-soaked pants, but he was being nice and still, and the cards were 20% off!

In the end I had crummy frozen "Indonesian" rice and vegetables from Trader Joe's and finished off Jasper's hot dog.

4 comments:

Luisa Giugliano said...

i hear that sister

Sheri said...

hee hee. oh gee. we had a similarish time at trader joe's the other night when clyde simultaneously realized he had to go right now!!! and walked his face into the corner of the shopping cart. we got lucky. somehow he made it. but not without a lot of running and crying and madness. they didn't have any cards on sale though. too bad...

ks said...

You should write a book, Erma Bombeck-ish in style, about your parenting trials and tribulations. I have imprinted in my brain some tale from a ways back about Jasper vomiting all over you in a restaurant, and you breaking out in gales of laughter about it (because really, what else could you do?). If you were to scan your blog, I bet you'd be amazed at how many great stories you already have.

Music-loving Mom said...

Sorry the rest of your evening was so sketchy, but we certainly had a great time being the playdate friends! We'll look forward to doing it again, and hopefully we won't curse the rest of your evening next time :)