Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Ginger carrots


On a trip to Trader Joe's I saw frozen ginger carrots. That sounded pretty easy to duplicate at home. Here's my version:

1 lb carrots, cut into 2-inch sticks
2-inch stub ginger, grated
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon olive or sesame oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon honey or sugar

Soften garlic and ginger in heated oil over medium heat. Dissolve vinegar and honey into mixture and then add carrots. Stir to coat carrots, cover, and cook (stirring occasionally) until carrots are as tender as you like them.

The Coop has been carrying wonderful scarlet nantes carrots--love them! If I had batteries in my camera you could see how pretty they are. I couldn't find good images on the Internets.

I also cooked a grain mix and tossed it with Moroccan lamb sausage and mushrooms.

No comments: