Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sweet


Last week we made these sugar cookies. We ran out of powdered sugar before we could make frosting, so I just dusted the cookies with white sanding sugar and (sigh) I just love how they turned out: so simple and not too sweet.


If you're ever in New York I highly recommend you visit Papabubble on the Lower East Side. It's a shop for hand-made, old-fashioned hard candy. In fact, you can watch them make the candy right in the story. The flavors are a little more grown-up--passion fruit, orange cardamom--but so far Jasper loves them. I got us a jar to sample through the holidays and a giant peppermint star lollipop for Jasper's stocking.


This weekend we did our annual family tradition of visiting Santa at ABC and getting mud-thick hot chocolate, homemade marshmallows, and cookies at City Bakery. I love an excuse to moon around ABC. See the Jasper-Santa summit here.


Ganesha welcomes you to buy many lovely treasures...

4 comments:

doggybloggy said...

you love sugar - you hate sugar....exactly where do you stand?

Adriana Velez said...

I like sugar in small, carefully calibrated, well contextualized amounts.

k2 said...

Sugar and I have a complicated relationship - it's all about the carbs to insulin ratio in my world.
k2

Adriana Velez said...

Well hello Kelly--nice to see you here!