Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Chuck goes Japanese


I riffed on this Japanese beef stew recipe to make a pot roast yesterday. After browning a chuck roast I put it in ye olde crock pot along with 1/4 cup soy sauce, ginger slices, lemon peel, and half a red onion. After several hours I added diced delicata squash and sliced diakon radish.

It looked like I had enough liquid for stew, so when it was done I cut the roast into chunks. But...as it turns out I did not have quite enough liquid for stew after all. Oh well.

Are there foods you keep buying, either because they're good for you or because you think they just belong, but that you don't like? I keep buying daikon radish for Japanese dishes. But I don't really like it. Pallid root devoid of personality....

Yesterday was the day I finally woke up and said to myself, if you don't like diakon radish stop buying it. Sad that I need to give myself permission to stop buying food I don't like.

No comments: