Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hand, I'll never take you for granted

Oh, the Inauguration! Wasn't it exciting!

So my grand blogging plans (OK, my moderate blogging plans) were derailed Monday afternoon due to an accident. We were driving alongside Constitution Ave., stuck in traffic forever (see photos in the previous post), and I decided to just get out and walk to the Natural History Museum. The traffic happened to get moving again just then and a passing bus smashed my hand against the open door frame. According to Lane it was the vents on the bus that got me. Anyway, no broken bones, just abrasions and contusions.

I spent the next four hours at the George Washington University Hospital, but I have to say they were all just lovely, including Dr. "This Sucks, doesn't it!" and kept me moving from station to station (triage, registration, radiation, er) with very little waiting. And it could have been much, much worse. I feel like I got off easy for such profound stupidity on my part.

Anyway, I'll post more soon. We just got back yesterday and I'm still buried underneath a big mess and several urgent tasks. Also, I finally got the plaster splint off my right hand and this is the first time I've been able to peck out more than a few words on the laptop.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

3 comments:

Luisa Giugliano said...

I hear you. My handless december goes down in my personal history as the worst. I am sending you lots of love!!!!

janeannechovy said...

I'm so sorry you had to spend part of your exciting weekend in the ER! Hope it feels all better soon.

Co said...

Glad your hand is generally okay. Sorry you had to spend that time in the ER.