Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Friday, January 02, 2009

Happy New Year 2009



I hope you all had a relaxing, fun, and delicious holiday season! I am sad that ours is already drawing to a close. I've enjoyed sleeping in and lavishing attention on Lane and Jasper.

Just recently Lane's mother became critically ill. She seems to be through the worst of it now, and we're hoping for the best. She's always been so healthy, "tough," as she always calls herself. That and the news of the current Israeli/Palestinian conflict made this moment seem--well, only trite expressions come to mind, precious, fleeting. As we prepare to welcome a new president and continue to face these dire economic times I keep finding myself holding my breath. One moment I see iron, the next moment butterfly wings.

A toast to you for the New Year.

3 comments:

Luisa Giugliano said...

Love to Lane, love to his mom.

shaunamama said...

Please wish Lane's mom a speedy recovery from us!!!

Sheri said...

mmmm. butterfly wings! even so light, almost transparent, they lift.