Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Friday, January 30, 2009

The most colorful meal I'll have all winter


I bought some of this purple cauliflower and was going to make a Silver Spoon dish: bake the cauliflower mixed with chopped hard boiled eggs with tons of butter and bread crumbs. But then I wanted to add delicata squash. And then I saw this post on paprika. Somehow I ended up with this casserole instead.

Rainbow Cauliflower Casserole

1 purple cauliflower, chopped
2 delicata squash, diced
4 hard boiled eggs
olive oil
thyme
salt and pepper
1 large Meyer lemon in wedges
paprika
bread crumbs

Poach the cauliflower and combine with the squash in a buttered dish. Chop the egg whites, mash the yolks, and mix both into the vegetables. Drizzle in some olive oil. How much? As much as you want. Add thyme leaves, salt. and pepper to taste and cram in the lemon wedges here and there. Top with copious amounts of paprika and a few tablespoons of bread crumbs.

Roast covered at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes. Remove lid and continue roasting for another 10 minutes.

Meyer lemon skins are so soft you could probably eat them, but I smash them into my serving and then discard the skins.

1 comment:

thefoodinista said...

Thank you for linking to thefoodinista.com, and I'm looking forward to trying your Rainbow Cauliflower Casserole.