Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Monday, February 16, 2009

My little poussin


Lane and I had our Valentine's date on Wednesday--we went to our friends' annual party. But I still wanted to make something a little special for the day. I made a sweet potato and leek soup (use any potato and leek recipe just substituting sweet potatoes) with lots of white pepper and I roasted three little poussin (also known as Cornish hen) for each of us.

I wish I could have made Megan's blood orange sorbet with candied fennel and kumquat, but we made do with Lane's blood orange gin & tonics using the new glasses I gave him. Hope your Valentine's was sweet.

4 comments:

mamacita said...

Love the glasses.

megan said...

Thanks for the link!! :) love the idea of blood orange gin and tonics - yes! been trying to think of creative ways to use the tons of blood oranges i bought at the co-op! blood orange margaritas??

shaunamama said...

What a tasty looking drink...yes, please!

Netts Nook said...

Looks great Thanks for sharing.