Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Crop to Cup Coffee


There was a rep from Crop to Cup Coffee at the Food Coop the other day (lf course there was...) handing out delicious samples of their brew. I try to buy free-trade coffee as often as possible, so I like that Crop to Cup also engages in similar ethics. They buy directly from farmers and pay 20% premiums above market purchase price, share 5% of every coffee purchase, and 10% of company profits. You can read here for a description of the difference between C2C and Fair Trade, both of which are good ideas. I also love that you can go to the website and learn a little about the families who grow the coffee.

What's more, C2C is roasted here in Brooklyn. (I think they roast in Chicago as well.) So it's strong, fresh, and tasty. C2C ships everywhere, but if you live on the East Coast there are several locations where you can buy the coffee.

No comments: