Sheri and Shari have sent out a challenge: find joy in the month of May. May is usually a joyful month for me anyway--it's when the sun finally comes out (actually, this year we're still waiting...) and it's the month of my birthday and Mother's day. Queen for two days! Love May.
But wait, there are rules to this joy finding:
- make a list of 3 attainable things that give you daily joy
(partners, spouses, kids too!)
- open your calendar
- find a place on your calendar to fit each joy
- set your own joy pace, but we suggest once or twice a week, at least
Here is my joy list:
1. Spend my birthday at museums I can't visit when Jasper is with me.
2. Go to the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens alone.
3. Plant nasturtiums in my rooftop garden.
What's your joy list?