Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Friday, May 29, 2009

Melted butter counts as a sauce


It does. Not at a restaurant, of course, but definitely at home. To save time I boiled a bag of pasta for five minutes, then added the sliced carrots and cooked another five minutes. After I drained the pasta and carrots I stirred in a stick of butter, minced tarragon, and fresh lemon juice. The bowl smelled like a lemon poppy seed muffin.

Meanwhile, I browned two chicken legs in olive oil, turned, added a bit of chicken stock and a sprig each of tarragon and thyme, and simmered covered for a while, Then I chopped up a bunch of garlic greens (scallions would also work), added them to the pan, and cooked another five minutes.

Kid friendly and easy. Let's just forget about that whole stick of butter, though, shall we?

3 comments:

hippittee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hippittee said...

i don't know whether i'm more surprised that you used an entire stick of butter in this recipe, or that no one else has commented.

when i'm close to having a figure like yours i'm definitely giving it a try! in the mean time...i'll keep running!

Adriana Velez said...

Haha, well, we don't eat that way every day and it was a really big bowl of pasta! But I find whole wheat pasta always needs extra sauce.