Food Buzz


Because maybe you do care what I had for lunch...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Mucho Mega Mayo Nachos


Cinco de Mayo being an ersatz Mexican holiday, I prefer celebrating with ersatz Mexican food. Take, for example, nachos. This is probably only the second time I've made nachos. Maybe the third. I spread tortilla chips on a pan, poured a can of pinto beans over them, dusted with chili powder, and then dumped a few cups of grated cheddar cheese over everything and baked at 425 degrees for... a while. I didn't keep track, just kept checking for meltiness. Then I made guacamole (the labor-intensive kind, not the quickie kind) with roasted poblano and also roasted several wedges of out-of-season tomatoes Jasper dumped into my shopping cart as a joke. I say a joke because he's going through a tomato-refusal phase.


Lane made blood orange maragaritas. This offset the aggravation of listening to Jasper ask for "Aurthur pasta" while I was making the nachos. No, you may not have macaroni and cheese. Can't you see? I am I am preparing tortilla chips with melted cheese for your dinner.

3 comments:

thefoodinista said...

your blood orange margs look insane - bet they tasted even better!

shaunamama said...

I'll have two, please. (Margaritas!)

Adriana Velez said...

They are so very delicious. Normally I think of margaritas as a summer drink, but then along come the blood oranges and I have to make an exception!